Updated: May 24, 2012
Please use the following guidelines when preparing materials for courier delivery:
- To contact SALS for any courier issues please direct email to Cindy or call – 518 584-7300
- Clearly label all materials with the destination using the Delivery Service 3 or 4 letter codes.
- Label items using the routing slips or Polaris hold reciepts.
- Have all the slips in the materials facing the same direction.
- Items being sent to schools must be labeled with the school library system code first, followed by the complete school name as listed on the Courier List of Schools, then “Library”.
- Place clearly labeled items in the delivery tote which should be in the same place every day.
- No tote or item should weigh more than 50 pounds.
- All totes will be taken to one of the library systems to be sorted. Items are then delivered the next day.
- Do not send fragile items, large equipment, large furniture, or materials that are rare or irreplaceable.
- Items that appear to be lost in shipment should be reported promptly (within 5 days of shipment) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Missing items must be reported promptly for any action to be taken. Please include author, title, call number, and the date the item was shipped so that a search can be requested.